top of page
  • What communities do you serve?
    South Utah Valley Animal Shelter serves the communities and animals of Southern Utah County; Elk Ridge, Mapleton, Payson, Provo, Salem, Santaquin, Spanish Fork, Springville, and Woodland Hills For Nothern Utah County, contact the North Utah Valley Animal Shelter. They serve the communities of Alpine, American Fork, Cedar Hills, Eagle Mountain, Highland, Lehi, Lindon, Orem, Pleasant Grove, and Saratoga Springs. They are located at 193 N 2000 W in Lindon, UT 84042 and their phone number is 801-785-3442.
  • Where can I get vaccines for my Dog/Cat?
    The South Utah Valley Animal Shelter holds scheduled low cost vaccination and licensing clinics in partnership with local vets and the cities we serve. You can register to have you pet vaccinated at one of those clinics here on our website. Dates, times, and registration for these clinics can be found under the Licensing tab.
  • I need to surrender an animal, what can I do?
    If you have pets that you have to rehome here are some tips: contact friends, family or neighbors first. See if any are willing to adopt your pet. You can look up and contact any Rescues in your area. If you have a breed specific dog look up breed specific rescues. If your pet is spayed/neutered you can make and post a pet profile on Rehome Adopt-A-Pet website. You can choose the adopter while the pet stays with you. There are classified ads such as KSL where you can post. Right now, shelters, rescues and fosters are full nationwide. Our shelter can't take any owner released animals right now as we are at critical capacity (some animals do have to be euthanized). We hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know.
  • Does SUVAS offer spay/neuter to the pubkic?
    We do not offer this or any over the counter vet services to the public. (Low-cost vaccination clinics are listed on our page under clinics) If you are looking for spay/neuter try your local veterinarian. Some are not taking new clients, but please keep looking. There is a low-cost S/N in Salt Lake County.
  • How to I get my pet licensed?
    You can license online with a current rabies certificate for your pet. You can also license with most vets or city office in our District. (It is a license good anywhere in Utah County)
  • What do I do if I lost a pet?
    Come in to the shelter to look for you lost pet; please make them a Petco Love Lost account (free); post on community Facebook pages, make it as public as possible! Keep ID on your pet and microchip! Many Animal Control Officers do carry scanners. Keep your information current with the chip or license.
  • Do you take donations?
    We do take pet food that is in good condition. We also do take some towels but no pillows or comforters. Many vet offices and rescues also do take towels. We very often are in need of pet food and you can donate this at any time. We also do take monetary donations on our home page.
  • Volunteering
    If you are interested in volunteering, please join the Volunteers of SUVAS Facebook page where you can volunteer for any upcoming events and opportunities here at the shelter. If you just want to walk a dog or two, just come in anytime during our business hours. The dogs love it!
  • Are you a "no kill shelter"?
    We feel the term itself is deceptive as “no kill” means that up to 10% of animals can be euthanized and the term can still be used. We try hard to find the best outcome for every pet. Our save rates have been between 96%-98% for dogs and 88%-77% for cats for many years.
bottom of page